Saturday, January 3, 2009

Spinning Wheel

This is what I spent the day working on yesterday. It was cold and I didn't have to go anywhere so I just tatted. It is a pattern from Mary Konior's Tatting with Visual Patterns . I like this book and the patterns are fairly easy to follow. I made this using size 20 Cebelia and as you can see I ended up using two different shades of pink. But it is just a practice piece!

My boxes of thread from HH and Be-Stitched arrived. I think I need to check my thread stash before I order again as I tend to order the same colors over and over and I really wanted to get a variety of colors to have on hand to choose from. For those days you want to just tat and not have to order thread first.

The patterns for the baby booties and bonnet arrive too. I order a ball of moss green and white that I think I might use for them. Since my daughter is not going to find out the sex of the baby we have to go generic for now. She called last night and said the temp was down to -46 at her house and she was glad she didn't have to go anywhere. Just out to check the generator once in a while. I am glad I am not there as I am not happy with our temps that have been just above the freezing mark.

2 comments:

Marilee Rockley said...

Just "a practice piece"!?
It's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I like the two shades of pink together. Lovely!