Just so you can see I have not been totally idle this last month. Here is my first complete baby booties. It as done as a test pattern, to see if I could do it. I think it turned over very well and am happy with it, even with the errors that I didn't rip out. Not very good colors for a baby but I was just experimenting with the pattern. I like it and it was easy to work. Just four rows. I even learned how to use a weaver's knot. I ran short of thread on the vamp and had to add more to my shuttle. I did find it challenging to get the thread on the shuttle right as the pattern just told you so many wraps about the shuttle. Most of the time it was way to much thread, except the vamp it would have been right on. I have the second one almost completed. Just the last row and it will be done. I am not sure what will happen to this pair but I have five more to make. Lots of new babies in my family this year. At least two boys and a girl. Then my friend is having a girl and my sisters daughter friend is having a girl. My daughter is not going to find out so we will just have to wait. She is due in January. So I will be making a trip to Alaska next winter!
I am going to count the bootie as number 18 in the 25 Motif Challenge.
oh this is such a cute bootie. i've only seen white booties so far, so yours are going to be very unique! enjoy.
I love the bootie - particularly the colour. Just right for a baby.
Great bootie - good for you! I am still a bit intimidated by the imposing bootie to give it a try!
I think the colour is great for a baby!!! Who says that only pastels can be used for a baby!!!!
Gorgeous colours, it would make a lovely pin cushion.
That is lovely! Wow, that's a lot of baby booties to tat up! I was just going to say that a test one would make a beautiful pincushion just like Tatskool said! :)
Post a Comment