Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday's Tatting

Here is the second row on the baby bonnet.  It has shaped nicely, but it is very small.  This fits loosely over a golf ball, I don't think it will ever fit a baby.  I checked my directions and I did follow them right but it just isn't going to work.  Maybe I need to add another ring in the center, now it only has five.  I think I will put it back for now and try something different.  I don't think I am suppose to make any of JoAnn Stearns patterns for baby.  The booties I tried came out huge and not the bonnet is way to small.   I will try again at a later time and see how it works out.


I found a new antique lace pattern to try.  I was not sure I was going to like it and it is finicky to work on but all in all I am happy with it.  I am going to make a Ring Bearer Pillow for my nephew's wedding next year so I am trying out different edges.  I do want one that with have a long drop off the edge so I keep looking for one and trying it out to see how I like it.  This one looks like it might be two inches wide so it might be what I want.  I will keep looking I have almost a year to find the one I like.


My sister once had a home on this same site and she said my great grandfather haunted her house.  I am beginning to think he might still be hanging around here.  Although I moved my house in two years ago I am just north of the original home site.  Every once in a while I can smell something burning, it bugs me that I can't find out what is causing this.  I am thinking I will just have to blame Great Grandpa.  She also told me he didn't like cucumbers and would hide her seeds every year.  He didn't hide mine.  I had a great cucumber crop last year, just didn't get them planted this year. 

Golf season is almost over, the course down the street is closing the end of the month.  Looks like I am going to get in one mare day as we are going tomorrow.  Should be fun and a good thing I have winter golf gloves as it might be a tad cold.


3 comments:

Gina said...

I've had problems with every bonnet I've tried to tat - either way too big or way too small. I think I prefer just doing the hanky bonnets and adding tatting!

Angela said...

good idea, maybe I will do that too, but I really wanted to do a bonnet that fit!

Unknown said...

Maybe you need to use a heavier thread for this pattern. looks nice tho.