Monday, January 30, 2012

So I haven't done a good job!

Here it is January 30, 2012 and I am just getting around to updating my blog.  So much for weekly updates.  As to my other lists of things I hope to accomplish.  I have finished 3 of the 12 hats.  One pair of socks, no mittens, I haven't written a thing yet.  Nor have I done any tatting!  But I did get fired from my tatting job.  The shop owner decided she didn't want to pay me what I had asked for this time and so she has cancelled the class and requested my address so she can mail my samples to me.  Sounds like she doesn't want me in her shop for any reason.  That is okay, I have always ordered my tatting supplies online and I can order all my yarn that way too. But I do wonder if she found another tatting teacher who will teach for less than what I wanted.  It is to far away to just drive over to check.  So I now have all day Tuesdays to work on my project until the end of April when golf starts.

My daughter in Alaska has been dealing with the coldest winter on record.  She has had several days of cold temps, 50 to 60 below zero, not what I want to experience.  It is cold enough here in Michigan to keep me indoors.  She is hoping to move from the Interior of Alaska to Soldnata which is south of Anchorage and 30 to 40 degrees warmer.  Still below zero abut not as cold.as where she is now.  She will at least then be on the power grid and won't have to depend on a generator for electricity and she will have natural gas for heat instead of wood.   I feel much better already for her and the boys.

She called me tonight and thanked me for the markers I sent to her boys for Christmas.  The oldest boy was having a good time coloring on everything!  The walls, the table and himself, didn't color his little brother but was looking to.  Fortunately, for my daughter I sent them washable markers and she was pleased that they worked as advertised.  She had already washed the walls so only had the table and boys left!

No comments: