Friday, March 30, 2012

Where has the time gone?

Spring is here, sort of!  We had two weeks of almost 80 degrees and then winter came back!  We are having more seasonable weather and I am feeling sorry for all the plants that were tricked into thinking it was time to bud.  I hope they do not suffer to much with the return of the cold weather. 

Not a lot has been going on here in Northern Michigan.  I am still knitting up a storm.  So far I have made three pairs of socks, five hats but no mittens finished this year.  I am working on a pair of mittens, stranded color work and they are looking good so far.  This is only my second item in stranded color work and I am liking it.  Next I am going to tackle a pair of top down mittens in color work. 

I do have a pair of tatted baby bootees half done.  Need to get busy and finish them up and I promised my mil I would be sending her some more soon.  This pair is in normal baby colors, pale blue and I have a second pair in pink waiting to get started.  It doesn't take me long to make a pair just right now I would rather be knitting. 

As for sewing, I have several projects going there to.  One is a Capri outfit for my great granddaughter, a medicine bag for my second daughter and one for her youngest son.  I would like to do something for my oldest daughter but haven't decided what yet. 

So far this year we have had two deaths in our family and we were hoping for a better year after last year.  It is strange but it is not our oldest generation that is going but a lot of younger cousins.  Last year we lost several cousins around my age and that is scary.

Golf season is right around the corner and I was hoping for a few weeks to get out and play before my leagues start.  So I am hoping April is a warm month.  None of those 40 degree days we generally get in April. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your originality! If you can drop some advices in my blog I'd gladly appreciate it!

usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.