Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Off to Alaska

Thursday is the big day I am leaving for Alaska. My daughter sent me a text message last night to bring warm clothes and boot as the temps are in the 20s and 30s. Exactly what I expected for the interior of Alaska. I have my tatting packed also. Don't want to be stuck in a snow storm and have no tatting to work on. I shall be gone three weeks but will have access to the Internet while I am there. So I won't be totally isolated out in the wilds. She lives about 80 miles south of Fairbanks so there won't be a whole lot going on. The baby shower is at noon on Halloween. Then I think we are going to a costume party. I don't think I have ever gone to a costume party, at least not since I was a little kid.

2 comments:

Fox said...

Sounds like fun! Have a great trip and maybe even tat the Aurora Borealis!
Fox : )

IsDihara said...

Enjoy your trek north to Alaska and all the wonders it holds. Maybe you'll be greeted one morning by a moose on the loose! Snap a photo, if you do see one.